Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mellin Patch hand quilting service!


Just before we left for Tennessee, I was contacted through my website, Mellin Patch Quilts, by a customer who wanted me to hand quilt a twin-sized antique quilt top for her. This was my first paying client, so I was very excited to do it. Since I had a couple of weeks in Tennessee when I would have help with the kids, I figured that would be the best time to work on it. So, I asked the client to send her quilt top straight to my parents' house, I worked on it every spare moment while I was there, and got the whole thing quilted in two weeks! The piecing wasn't perfect, but it was a beautiful sampler and had a lot of really cool vintage fabrics. It was so much fun to work on and I think it turned out very nicely! Here are a few pictures:



If anyone knows someone who needs custom hand quilting done, please send them my way!

1 comment:

Christa said...

That is beautiful! I can't believe you got that done in two weeks!