Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Baby Junebug!

Five weeks before my due date of June 20th, I went in for a regular checkup with my OB. My blood pressure had gone way up, so my doctor decided to put me on modified bed rest, which means basically I was supposed to stay home and sit or lay down as much as possible. I knew that would be next to impossible with a two-and-a-half year old, but I figured I'd do my best. I put a post on Facebook about it and the next thing I knew, my wonderful Super Mom had booked airplane tickets to fly out from Tennessee within a few days to help me out! I'm so lucky to have such a great mom and she was wonderful. I really don't know what I would have done without her. She took care of the house, cooked & cleaned, did all my shopping for me, took Alayna to library story times, pottery class, birthday parties, and on "movie dates", and helped me get ready for the baby.


Dad also flew out about a week before Junebug's arrival, and four days before her due date, I went in for an induction. The labor and delivery went surprisingly fast and easily, which I am extremely thankful for, especially since my epidural only worked on one side of my body! But all in all, the whole experience was much easier and less painful than it was the first time and Cecily Joy arrived at 1:29 on June 16th.



Cecily looks so much like Alayna it's really hard to even tell their baby pictures apart. Cecily doesn't have as much hair as Alayna had and it is blonde but not quite as platinum blonde as her big sister's was. Other than that, they practically look like twins! The resemblance seems to be only physical, however, because their personalities are very different. Alayna had a hard time nursing but Ceci caught on right away. Alayna loved her pacifier, Cecily not so much. Cecily is very calm and happy and smiles all the time, whereas Alayna was colicky and didn't smile very often. Alayna didn't sleep well during the day (at the most 30 minutes at a time) but started sleeping through the night at around 6 weeks. Ceci sleeps great during the day with frequent, long naps, but is now two months old and is still only sleeping at most 4 to 4.5 hours at night. It's so interesting to see how alike/different they are so early on!


Here's Cecily in her bathtub

And this was Alayna.


Cecily again And Alayna!

Alayna is a very good big sister. She really likes Baby Ceci, as she calls her, and tells me all the time that she's cute. She helps me out by getting diapers and pacifiers for me, picking out outfits, and talking to Ceci or holding her hand to keep her happy. Cecily loves when Alayna talks to her and likes to just watch Alayna playing nearby. They are so sweet together and I'm excited to see that sisterly bond grow. :)

No comments: