Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Christmas in Tennessee

We spent last Christmas in Tennessee with my parents. It was bad and good. Bad because we unfortunately all got very sick and pretty much stayed sick for the whole trip. First, we all got a very nasty stomach virus, which started with Alayna projectile vomiting on the airplane trip out to TN. It went around to everyone in the family and took us each down for at least a couple of days. I also got a huge rash of what seemed to be poison sumac all over my face, hands and arms, and couldn't really take much for it because I was pregnant. On top of all that, I ended up getting what I thought was a terrible cold but turned into a bad case of bronchitis! Being so sick really does ruin a Christmas vacation, but at least I was around family who helped out with Alayna while we were sick.

The good part of the trip was getting a break from the Casper snow (see picture), and of course being able to see our family. We have especially been missing family on the holidays and this was the first Christmas Alayna got to spend with her grandparents. We also got to see Mike's brother Jason and meet his girlfriend at the time, Joanna. It was exciting because he actually proposed to her while they were staying with us. Unfortunately they ended up also getting Alayna's stomach thing and were terribly sick - but they didn't get it until after the engagement, thank goodness!















Alayna opening this great instrument present from Eric & Christa



















Jason & Joanna
















Alayna looking all grown up, bundled up outside
















Saying goodbye to Grandma & Grandpa at the airport

2 comments:

Christa said...

Oh, I forgot about all of you getting sick. That's not fun. Great pictures though! I love reading your blog!

J M Mellin said...

Thanks Christa. I'm glad at least a few people enjoy reading it! I love your blog too! :)