Monday, August 8, 2011

Alayna's 2nd Birthday!

We had a nice little party for Alayna's 2nd birthday at our house with a few close friends. Of course, she was all dressed up with a princess tiara!

She asked for an Abby Cadabby (from Sesame Street) cake, so I did my best! First, I made a delicious homemade chocolately german chocolate inside out cake (the german chocolate frosting is on the inside, chocolate frosting on the outside because it's easier to decorate). I printed out a picture of Abby that I found online, cut it out, and then traced around it with a toothpick on the chocolate frosting in order to get Abby's shape onto the cake. Then, I piped frosting to color in Abby's dress, face, hair, etc, as well as add her name and age. I think it turned out pretty cute, and Alayna loved it!








1 comment:

Christa said...

I'm super impressed with your cake!